The Irish Fair of Minnesota uses PayPal to collect donations; you will be redirected to the PayPal website to complete your donation.
The Legacy Fund supports the renaissance of Irish cultural activities and strengthening the vitality of new cultural communities in Minnesota.
Irish Minnesotans love to celebrate their heritage and actively seek ways to express this pride. In creating The Legacy Fund, the Irish Fair of Minnesota is creating a means by which members of the Irish community can contribute monetarily to strengthen our own heritage, while also helping to strengthen the vitality of new cultural communities in the Twin Cities.
The Legacy Fund represents our unique experience as an Irish community and our desire to preserve and advance the unique experience of immigrant communities new to Minnesota.
100% of your donation will go towards keeping Irish Fair of Minnesota FREE and to sharing Irish Culture.
Examples of Support
The Irish Fair has distributed nearly $50,000 to organizations. Examples include:
- Center for Irish Music Supporting a youth workshop weekend and program development.
- Hmong American partnership for expansion of a cultural orientation and English language program for new Americans.
- COMPAS Irish cultural residencies in predominantly immigrant-attended elementary schools.
- Irish Music and Dance Association/Perpich Center for the Arts Cultural Trunk for Educators and Artists
- Paddy O’Brien Volume II of his internationally significant Irish tune collection.
- Somali Arts Association for a holiday concert to help galvanize the Somali arts community.
- Robert Emmets Twin Cities Hurling Club Equipment, marketing support, and official training.
- Center for *Studies “Irish Voices, Indian Voices” seminar.
*The Legacy Fund does not support the activities at the Irish Fair
Use of Funds
All funds raised will be distributed through a grant program on an annual basis. Two-thirds will go to Irish cultural projects, one-third to new cultural projects.