Have an eye for photography? Display your best shots at Irish Fair's annual photo contest! Dig through your old photos, think about a great photo at a Minnesota Irish event, or dream about all the camera shots you can take during your trip to Ireland. Our judges are professional photographers, and you may win a prize!
Irish Photo Competition Entry Guidelines
Categories for the photo contest include People, Scenery, and Studies in Black & White. Think about the engaging conversations that will occur as you describe how you captured that special moment.
- People – One or more persons are dominant subjects in which the photographer portrays an aspect of Irish culture. Winning entries best evoke their subjects’ feelings or spirits.
- Scenery – The mood of a place, or a setting in which mood is conveyed. There may be people in the photo, but they must be incidental to the picture.
- Studies in Black and White – Photos of people and/or scenery. Winning entries best use black and white imagery to prompt a feeling or response in the viewer.
Photo Formatting Rules
- Open to amateur photographers
- Maximum of two entries per category
- Size: at least 4x6", but no more than 11x14"
- Entries must be matted; no frames permitted
- Entries must be labeled on front side of photo with location photo was taken
Photo Submission Rules
- Download contest entry form & submit a separate, completed form with each photo
- Drop off or mail pictures to: Irish on Grand, 1124 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
- Submissions must be received by August 10, 2021 at 5:00pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Irish on Grand assumes no liability for photos.
- Judging occurs prior to Irish Fair opening. All photos will be displayed for the duration of the fair.
- Photos should be reclaimed on Sunday, August 15 after 3:00pm.
- If you would like your photo to be returned by mail, you must enclose a self-addressed mailing envelope with adequate postage.
- Irish Fair assumes no liability for photos not claimed in the specified time or photos damaged during shipping.