Have an eye for photography? Display your best shots at Irish Fair's annual photo contest! Dig through your old photos, think about a great photo at a Minnesota Irish event, or dream about all the camera shots you can take during your trip to Ireland. Our judges are professional photographers who will award prizes to the top three photographs in each category.
Irish Photo Competition Entry Guidelines
Categories for the photo contest include People, Scenery, and Studies in Black & White. Think about the engaging conversations that will occur as you describe how you captured that special moment.
- People – One or more persons are dominant subjects in which the photographer portrays an aspect of Irish culture. Winning entries best evoke their subjects’ feelings or spirits.
- Scenery – The mood of a place, or a setting in which mood is conveyed. There may be people in the photo, but they must be incidental to the picture.
- Studies in Black and White – Photos of people and/or scenery. Winning entries best use black and white imagery to prompt a feeling or response in the viewer.
Photo Formatting Rules
- Open to amateur photographers
- Maximum of two entries per category
- Size: at least 4x6", but no more than 11x14"
- Entries must be matted; no frames permitted
- Entries must be labeled on front side of photo with location photo was taken
Photo Submission Rules
- Download the contest entry form and submit a separate, completed form with each photo
- Drop off or mail pictures to: Irish on Grand, 1124 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
- Submissions must be received by August 12, 2021 at 12:00pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Irish on Grand assumes no liability for photos.
- Judging occurs prior to Irish Fair opening. All photos will be displayed for the duration of the fair.
- Photos should be reclaimed on Sunday, August 15 after 3:00pm.
- If you would like your photo to be returned by mail, you must enclose a self-addressed mailing envelope with adequate postage.
- Irish Fair assumes no liability for photos not claimed in the specified time or photos damaged during shipping.